Password required Office 365

Copper Contributor
Hello,
We have a problem with Office 365.
At the time of launching Outlook, we have an error telling us "Password required" at the bottom right of the window.
When you click on this window to insert my password, the page closes automatically. Thank you for your help. Regards,
9 Replies

@chris57970 Does the login box appear and disappear quickly?   If so we have seen similar behavior on occasion for users.  Here is what we did to resolve on a Win 10 device.

Close Outlook.   

Go to 'Settings', then 'Accounts'.

Click on 'Access work or school'

If your device is joined to local AD, you should see that listed.  You want to see if there is an additional Microsoft account (work or school).   If you click on this account you should have an option to disconnect it.   Afterwards try Outlook again.  This seemed to work in our case every time.  Let us know how it goes. 

@Doug Bartley 

Hello,

I have already made this option but without success.

@chris57970 

I have seen similar behavior in our organization as well.

Try using - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover registry key...

reference article - https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2212902/unexpected-autodiscover-behavior-when-you-have-regi...

If that did not work user SARA - Support and recovery assistant from MS. You can download it from the below link - 

https://diagnostics.office.com/#/

Another option is to (at least temporary) disable WAM:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity] "DisableADALatopWAMOverride"=dword:00000001

@Robin Nishad 

Hello,

I do not understand your explanation.

Thanks for your help.

@Vasil Michev 

Hello,

What is your explanation?

@chris57970 

SARA is an MS tool that is used to fix a lot of Outlook issues automatically - the issue that you are facing can be fixed using SARA.

Once you install it you just have to choose the issue that you are facing from a bunch of options...

Moreover I would also suggest to delete Cached credentials from Credentials manager as sometimes old-expired cached credentials also cause this issue.

Once the credentials are cleared use the registry key that @Vasil Michev has recommended.

Refer the below article for more details on the Registry that Vasil has provided...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4025962/cant-sign-in-after-update-to-office-2016-build-16-0...

I would recommend try running SARA as it will give you the exact cause incase it is not able to fix the issue.

@Robin Nishad 

Here are the steps already done:
- Removed all Office 365 credentials in "Credential Manager" on Windows 10
- Remove the Outlook profile from "Control Panel" and recreate a profile with a different name
- Uninstall Office 365 completely and then reinstall

@chris57970 

Try the registry key that Vasil shared. Then check if it works or not.

Else run SARA, if still not resolved share the screenshot of the message that SARA will give.

Thanks