Own domain alias default email address missing

Copper Contributor

In outlook.live.com/mail/inbox settings I can see two email addresses. name@mydomain.com for an alias I created.... and some outlook_EF6E70645654456@outlook.com which I cannot remove. When sending email only option for senders email is this outlook_EF6E70645654456@outlook.com. How to fix this?

4 Replies

@KariSpain I don't know what this address is but from its format it's likely a system-generated address that's used to uniquely identify the mailbox no matter what you set the primary address to be. That's my best guess. I wouldn't worry too much.  BTW, where exactly do you see this mysterious address in Outlook settings?

@Tony Redmond 

The problem is I cannot change primary address to name@mydomain.com and when Sensing email it does not show any other options than this outlookxxxxxxx. 

There is no way to remove one from two alias's addresses in the same mailbox?

Setting is at web mail.

@KariSpain Generally speaking it doesn't matter if you have multiple proxy addresses. You'll always have a primary SMTP address (the one that goes on outbound messages); your mailbox can have others, and Exchange Online (Outlook.com) can deliver to any of those addresses. 

Sorry... forgot to say that you should file a support ticket with Microsoft to get this resolved and allow you to select your preferred address.