SOLVED

Outlook Web App - Move to no longer moves focus to the search box

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm requesting a change back to a previous behavior in Outlook Web App for the "Move to" button.

Previously, I could click this button and the small search box was selected as text focus. This means I could click once and then type the name of a folder to which I could move that email. 

Now, clicking the "Move to" button shows the list of recent folders, but does not move the cursor into the search box. Thus, it requires an additional click to search for a folder.

The previous workflow is more efficient and please consider reverting to that behavior!

-MM

4 Replies
I've noticed this also, I use the Move To feature all the time and having to now click twice seems counter intuitive. Clicking on Move To, should focus on the search box.
best response confirmed by Matthew_Miles (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I was also missing this feature until I discovered that when using the hotkey (v) instead of clicking the 'Move to' button with your mouse, the search field does get focus. Now I can folder all my email with no mouse needed!
Yep, noticed this too, and it's really annoying as I used it a lot. The newer layout is getting worse and worse with every new itteration. I really wonder if they actually test their own stuff or if a designer really thinks things through instead of just changing stuff because the need for change.
I've been recently forced to switch from Firefox to Chrome and now in Chrome I have the same problem while in Firefox this is working well.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Matthew_Miles (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I was also missing this feature until I discovered that when using the hotkey (v) instead of clicking the 'Move to' button with your mouse, the search field does get focus. Now I can folder all my email with no mouse needed!

View solution in original post