Outlook O365 - Calendar - Events from Email - missing

Steel Contributor

According to this thread https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Change-Alerts/Events-from-Email-now-showing-up-in-Calendars/m... the 'Events from Email' would be available in Office 365 (though not specifically mentioned in the conversation , the thread is tagged with Office365).

We still don't see these options in our Calendars.

What do we need to do to get them?

Outlook-Calendar-Automatic-Events from email.png

5 Replies

We see the option in our Office 365.  We are signed up as a first release customer though (Admin > Settings> Organization Profile).  Actually looking for a way to not make it so sensitive...  Our travel approval tool (Concur) sends an approver an email with the flight information, so the approver ends up getting all of the trip information ADDED TO THEIR CALENDAR!

They might have been disabled by admin. Check via PowerShell, if you can:

[20:01:27][Login script]# Get-MailboxCalendarConfiguration vasil | fl *from*

EventsFromEmailEnabled                : True
EventsFromEmailDelegateChecked        : True
EventsFromEmailShadowMailboxChecked   : False
ReportEventsCreatedFromEmailEnabled   : True
CreateEventsFromEmailAsPrivate        : True
FlightEventsFromEmailEnabled          : True
DiningEventsFromEmailEnabled          : True
HotelEventsFromEmailEnabled           : True
RentalCarEventsFromEmailEnabled       : True
EntertainmentEventsFromEmailEnabled   : True
PackageDeliveryEventsFromEmailEnabled : True
InvoiceEventsFromEmailEnabled         : True

Why is there no other way to do create a calendar event from an email message? This seems like functionality that's been around a long time. We can do it in the desktop client.

Hi @Diane Kennedy , you can create a calendar event from an email in OWA by using the 'Reply to all by Meeting' option. For more details check this link > https://www.slipstick.com/office-365/outlook-web/create-appointment-email-outlook-web/

Thanks! I saw this but was hoping for something a little more elegant or simple. I looked for a Flow option, too, but no luck. I wish the "Suggested Meetings" feature worked more consistently; I have the same problem with this feature in Gmail.