Outlook displaying messages body incorrectly

Copper Contributor

All messages are being display in a centered column with the wrong font and reduced margins.  I have tried restoring/repairing Office and even tried rolling Office back a version.  The emails I am sending appear correcting on the recipient's device but not on my device.

Outlook email display issue.pngOutlook email display issue 2.png

9 Replies
So I can run Outlook in safe mode with the /safe command line option. That disables extensions but how do I figure out which extension is causing the issue?
Disable them one by one.

@Victor Ivanidze I can't disable them so I have deleted them from their locations and rebooted. As you can see they fail to be load now, but that has not resolved my issue. I can only properly display emails in safe mode, so there must be something else that safe mode is doing.

BenRiveraJr_0-1633356526176.png

BenRiveraJr
I have the same issue, and it started the same time as your problems did. I've also taken the same steps you have with the same results. I unchecked all the add-ons, but the problem persists. The display is fixed when I run Outlook in Safe Mode.

@BenRiveraJrI have the same problem. If I send an email to another of my email accounts, it appears wrong when I read it in Outlook.

@BenRiveraJr  it appears to be Immersive Reader. I too had the issue of text appearing strange in outlook, I closed the Immersive Reader and all my emails went back to normal. 

MCBR_0-1650451628669.png

@M-CBR  Thanks very much for your feedback. I have closed immersive reader and everything is back to how it should be. Much appreciated.

Excellent answer - immediately fixed my isue.

@M-CBRThank you I had that issue also and that was driving me nuts. I'm all good now thanks to you.