SOLVED

Outlook crashing while attaching pdf file from Adobe reader.

Copper Contributor

Hi Guys,

I have adobe reader 2019.012.20035 and office365 version (16.0.11629.20238) installed on my pc. Almost 1 of 2 times when i try to attach pdf file from Adobe reader to outlook, it freezes. I tried to repair office, creating a new profilem reimaging the pc, infact i changed the pc and still having the same issue. I could not even find the addon for adobe in outlook so looked to add it but could not find one. Not really sure what is the issue, is it a problem with the adobe or outlook? 

Thanks,

Bhavin Patel

2 Replies
best response confirmed by bhavinpatel (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi@bhavinpatel 

Does it crash when you attach any other file format? Is it just PDF?

Are you attaching the file from a network drive? If yes, Could you please copy the PDF file on your desktop and attach if from local hard drive please?

Repair Adobe Reader

Start outlook in safe mode and verify if the problem persists? Outlook.exe \safe

Update Outlook to the latest build please. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office365-proplus-by-date

Make sure latest Windows updates installed.

Thank you

Dav,

Yeah Man it worked. Thanks for the reply, appreciated!!!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by bhavinpatel (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi@bhavinpatel 

Does it crash when you attach any other file format? Is it just PDF?

Are you attaching the file from a network drive? If yes, Could you please copy the PDF file on your desktop and attach if from local hard drive please?

Repair Adobe Reader

Start outlook in safe mode and verify if the problem persists? Outlook.exe \safe

Update Outlook to the latest build please. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office365-proplus-by-date

Make sure latest Windows updates installed.

Thank you

Dav,

View solution in original post