Outlook Calendar/Gmail Calendar Sync Issues

Copper Contributor

I have a MS 365 subscription and also use the desktop versions of Outlook, Word, etc.  In Outlook, specifically, I have three calendars set up (work, personal, this computer only).  When I add anything to the desktop version for work or personal and "refresh" or send/receive - those newly created events disappear from Outlook and never make it to the Gmail side of things on the www.

However, when I am in my personal Gmail calendar on the www and add an event, it syncs perfectly and shows up in my desktop version of Outlook.

How can I get it to work both ways?

3 Replies
It looks like you're trying to sync both ways (Outlook > Google & Google > Outlook) which may be the problem. Have you checked you've set it up properly and the limitations that there are (i.e. its usually only the Google main calendar and not any sub-calendars). Set up details at: https://www.alphr.com/how-to-sync-outlook-calendar-with-google-calendar/
I followed the steps (excellent by the way) via the link you sent - we will see if she works and thanks! I will post again if not working!

@Terrapin6908 Jumping into this question, hoping you have an idea.  Similar to the original question, I'm using Outlook desktop with Office365 for work.  To separate my personal and work calendars, I created a calendar on the Google/Gmail site and followed the steps to link the Gmail/Google calendar as an "Other Calendar" in Outlook desktop (shows as "Personal"), but it only syncs in one direction, from Google to Outlook desktop, not vice versa.  When I add an event in my Personal calendar on Outlook desktop, the event shows up correctly, but does not sync out to Google. 

This is only a problem on Outlook desktop; Outlook Web syncs properly -- an event created in the Personal calendar correctly shows up on both GMail/Google calendar and Outlook desktop. 

iPhone calendar also works correctly - an event created on the Personal calendar shows up correctly in GMail/Google and Outlook calendars both online and on Outlook desktop.

It's somewhat of a drag to remember to have to keep Gmail open in a browser (or Outlook Web) just to properly schedule a personal event.

Any thoughts?