SOLVED

Outlook 365 SMTP Server

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I switched from GoDaddy "cpanel email" to Outlook 365 email yesterday.  I am trying to get a small piece of booking software to send appointment reminders, but it needs an SMTP server to do this.  I've tried entering the information in the screenshot, but I am getting the following error:

Error: The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 530 5.7.57 SMTP Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM [DM5PR2201CA0012.namprd22.prod.outlook.com]"

I hope I have a setting incorrect.  Can anyone offer any help?

Thank you in advance.

8 Replies
SMTP client sunnidominerade only support TLS..make sure your software supports this..Also is your software behind a firewall? If so make sure to open 587 in it! If Tls is not available you can do this with smtp relay instead!
Please see Microsoft documentation:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send...

Adam
Sorry! It was suppose to say: Smtp client submission :)
My swedish keyboard don’t behave sometimes!!

Is the user account licensed for Exchange Online?

Yes of course! Make sure the User is licensed
hi guys, thank you for the responses.

I'm trying to determine if the software supports "TLS" right now. What do you mean by "account licensed for Exchange Online". I assumed it was because it was setup for/under Outlook 365. How can I check?

Thank you.
The user/account must be licensed to send mail. This is easiest checked in the admin portal in office 365 -> users -> select the user you use for smtp and check under licenses

I am able to send emails from this address and it appears some type of licensing has been granted.

"Exchange Online (Plan 1)"

Hopefully I will here back soon from the company that authored the software with respect to the TLS.

best response confirmed by Doug Stackhouse (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Guys,

I've changed direction and setup my appointment reminders using my local ISP.  5 minutes, done.  I can't believe how much more complicated simple tasks have become with "advancements" like Outlook 365.

In any case, I appreciate your input,

Thank you.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Doug Stackhouse (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Guys,

I've changed direction and setup my appointment reminders using my local ISP.  5 minutes, done.  I can't believe how much more complicated simple tasks have become with "advancements" like Outlook 365.

In any case, I appreciate your input,

Thank you.

View solution in original post