SOLVED

Outlook (365) Need Password - Issue

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We are using E3, outlook 365 in our company. Some of our users' outlook stop sync with exchange and ask for password, as shown in below image:

Password Issue - Copy.JPG

to fix the issue, I clear entries in Credential Manager, Delete Temporary Files, unchecked "Use Cached Exchange mode", restart system and check this again.

but after some couple of days, outlook again stop sync and ask for password.

I'll appreciate for any possible support to fix this issue permanently.

Thanks,     

127 Replies

@Crenor  This has been plaguing me for months. Thank you! 

Ok gives

@Muhammad Ali Khan 

It is easier to solve this issue if you go to account and disconnect the office 365 account and connect it back in the windows. 

After that, please restart the outlook and no need to enter the password. It will connect. Before doing this step, I have deleted all the cached credentials in the credential Manager.

It worked for me. 

Hope this is helpful. 

Regards,

Thank you Chris, I had a similar issue and by adding suggested key i the registry resolved my issue. I am now able to access outlook without any issues. This is the first thread which resolves my issues in a minute.

Thanks a ton.

@Muhammad Ali Khan 

Thanks. I've had this issue for a while and the only solution was to reboot. I manage 900+ users and I will be adding this to my Office 365 distribution.

Chris

This worked like a charm thank you.

Started having same issue with OP 2 days ago.  Tried all solutions that were suggested above but the prompt for password still popping up.  Any other suggestion?

@Namtton  Kept searching and happened to see this solution.  Set DisableAutodiscoverV2Service to 1.  Worked for my case.

I just bought a new PC and paid for a new license of Microsoft 365 and this is happening to me too.   I am not a programmer and need help fixing this.   Who can I call to get this fixed.    I should not have to try and fix myself.

@Muhammad Ali Khan 

Its totaly worked thanks a lot. @Christopher Hoard 

After months of trying this worked like a charm! Thanks so much!!!

@mkdirek 

Sorry, which solution did you have success with?

Hi, anybody solved this issue? For me it is occurs after 6-7days, so every Monday for me. I need restart PC to solve this issue till next monday.

@Mastahh 

Hi, have you tried setting up the registry (steps available in my early posts)? also, keep updated windows.

@Muhammad Ali KhanYes, i tried to add registry key DisableADALatopWAMOverride = 1 but it didn't helped.

I will try it one more time next Monday.

@Mastahh I have been working with Microsoft and we have spent hours and hours on this issue.  It comes back for me every two or three days.  It is occurring on my two desktops but not my laptop.  We have recreated the Outlook profile, modified the registry, run the SARA tool a dozen times, and repaired Office four times. I have had three different tech support agents and each of them tries the same things but nothing has worked.  Very frustrating. 

@BEBaker checkout this article 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/outlook-mail-options-not-staying-checked/cce9...

Do you have this option to save Outlook to the cloud checked?

Does unchecking it help?

Hi,
Yes, we have turned off “cached mode” in our trouble shooting and it did not resolve the problem.

@BEBaker no, not cached mode.

Options | General | "Store my Outlook settings in the cloud"

Try unchecking that.

abrightidea_0-1621305751340.png

Just did it on other computer, not helped tried to restart Outlook.