Ongoing Outlook login issues

Steel Contributor

In Feburary I posted about this and now it has an incident in the Admin Center:

Outlook Login issue warning.png

There is a support article with a potential workaround posted. It seems there is updated guidance on registry edits posted on Spiceworks thread. It is unclear however what builds are needed to use these registry fixes. Curious if anyone has further details on this?

5 Replies
This always happens around usually when users change their passwords. Usually a reboot fixes it, but that shouldn't be required for something like a password change. Hopefully it gets fixed :p.

In our cases it is never connected to a password change. Rebooting doesn't fix it. The fix is time usually. After some period of hours it magically starts working again. It is frustrating from a support standpoint since I can't solve it for users.

That sounds horrible. Assuming you guys turned on Modern Auth in your tenant?

Yes we have ADAL running. All machines are Local AD joined and then Hybrid AAD joined so they do auto login to office 365 services. The problem never affects anything other than Outlook Win32 program. They are in fine to OneDrive or web version of Outlook. It never seems to affect more than one user at a time and rarely repeat people. It is about 1 a week for a few hours.

Yeah I've experienced it even on my own account in the past, deleting mail profile and setting back up fixed it, but curious and thinking this is random and spread through my users at my previous company as well now that I think about it.