OneNote and One Drive sync issues

Brass Contributor

Mix of 365 Business Essentials and E3.  This is due to having hired somebody with a silver partner license and he gets 25 E3 licenses.  One of the users has a OneNote that she uses and it is located in her OneDrive for Business folder.  However, when she goes to share it it says she needs to save it to OneDrive and prompts her for a login.  She tries to login using her 365 account and it tells her this is the wrong type of account, like it wants a personal account.  I uninstalled the client and reinstalled it from the 365 web site.  Rebooted.  Same thing.  I cannot figure where the issue is.  She can see the OneNote files on the web as well as her local drive.  But she always has an exclamation point in the name within the application that says it isn't syncing.

I'm a big believer/user of OneNote and have not seen this before.  I find it is starting to go in all directions, there is an app from the store installed, an app from Office, and the online version.  I don't think this has any bearing on my issue, but it makes it difficult for users.  Same with OneDirive.   There is a personal one and a business one that coexist on the same machine.

Anyway, I digress, has anybody seen this and solved it?

0 Replies