SOLVED

OneDrive Storage Space for O365 E3 1-5TB

Brass Contributor

I just want to clarify on the OneDrive storage space for O365 E3 subscriptions.... As I've found, I can increase storage per users up to 5TB.... The default is set to 1TB.

When I'm checking MS sites, for O365 E3 it mention OneDrive 1-5TB.

Is there any extra cost when increasing to 5TB for a user with the existing subscription? I assume it is not, but cannot find any clear mention about it. We have 56 O365 E3 licences and I need to increase to 5TB for one user.

5 Replies
best response confirmed by MiSum83 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi

Microsoft will provide an initial 5 TB of OneDrive storage per user. Customers who want additional OneDrive storage can request it as needed by contacting Microsoft support. Subscriptions for fewer than five users receive 1 TB of OneDrive storage per user.

So it depends if you have less or more than 5 users on subscription.
Thanks for clarification, Swati

we have 56x E3 so good here. I can also update/increase from 1 to 5 for a user.... so fine here as well.... Was just not 100% whether there is anything behind it (extra fees, extra subscription, etc..)

If you have 56 users with E3 licenses then it should not cost you extra to get the 5 TB for each user. You can just contact the Microsoft support team to get the additional storage

@Swati 

Microsoft lists nothing in the Service Description that defines exactly 

• what the limits are

OR

• what, if anything, needs to be purchased to increase the limits

We need more than mentions in multiple locations,  
They actually state a user can have up to 25TB of space.  That's cool, but what's it costing?  Does it take away from my SharePoint.
The answer is always "Contact your reseller".  The resellers contact their distributors.  
I am the guy at the distributor they contact.  Microsoft does not give us any more detail than what we can find online.

Please provide us something of substance with links to back it up.

What I found is that Microsoft provides an intial OneDrive space at the default orgainization amount which in our case was 1 TB per user. The Admin can log in to https://admin.microsoft.com, go to users in the left hand side, click on active users, click on a username you'd like to increase the OneDrive storage, and change the amount to 5120 (5 TB). After 5TB, you will need to contact support. I did find links in Help and Support in the admin center to increase the storage space in OneDrive. Hopefully, they will work to increase it above 5 TB.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MiSum83 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi

Microsoft will provide an initial 5 TB of OneDrive storage per user. Customers who want additional OneDrive storage can request it as needed by contacting Microsoft support. Subscriptions for fewer than five users receive 1 TB of OneDrive storage per user.

So it depends if you have less or more than 5 users on subscription.

View solution in original post