OneDrive/Sharepoint Files can't be opened in desktop apps

Copper Contributor

Is anyone else seeing an issue where they go to open Onedrive or Sharepoint documents in the destkop apps (eg Excel or Word) and they are unable to authenticate. We have been unable to get any of these documents to open, it just continually prompts for ADFS credentials.

11 Replies

Yes I have the same problem.
Worked fine yesterday evening, but this morning not working for users in our tenant - no changes made on our end in that time frame.

We are using AAD Connect with Seamless Sign On.

We are using Office 2016 desktop apps with latest updates installed (Word is 16.0.4639.1000 32-bit)

yes we are seeing this also. Across both our main Tenant and a smaller test tenant.

This suggests that it is wider spread than just you :)

Ed.

Thanks Guys, we have raised it with MS but haven't had a response yet, was worried it was just us and we wouldn't see any action quickly.

Downloading and uploading document works as a workaround.

And online apps (Word Online anyway) still seems ok.

Just editing with the local client cause a credential popup that cant be solved.

Ed.

Mine as well is not allowing editing of OneDrive or SharePoint files, login loop "Upload blocked" 

@Mark Kashman

@Stephen Rose

tagging you guys for visability. 

We are having the same issue.  Basically forcing us into the latest updates as it will not let us into Onedrive or SP based files.  Tried many things and just in a loop . . .  

Latest updates won't fix it, it's a service issue going on.
Looks like it's now showing as an Incident in the admin portal. Thanks for your comments guys.
Yeah, twitter has some posts going on as well, I also tagged a few folks retweeted. Hopefully it's something they can turn around quick! Thanks for starting post cause I didn't even notice, good to get on top of things for when the questions start rolling in :).
Mine has been fixed. Hopefully same for you guys. If not I'm sure update they said caused it will be rolled back soon. HOPEFULLY, it's not the update they just rolled out to fix the guest user issue and it's something else lol!