OneDrive - New Files and Folder created as "shared" by default

Copper Contributor

Team;

Hope you are doing great. i have a situation with a user that is having any file or folder created in his onedrive as "shared" by default and when you click details to know with whom he is sharing it the system just displays that the file or folder is shared only with the user.

Have you seen this? 

11 Replies

Hi @Raul Alvarado,

Can you check to see if the user's root OneDrive is shared with another user? Thanks!

Stephen Rice

OneDrive Program Manager II

Thanks @Stephen Rice. Is this something i can do within the onedrive admin portal or directly in her account?

Thanks

Hi @Raul Alvarado,

You'll need to look at the users OneDrive directly. You can grant yourself permission to the user's OD in the O365 Admin portal. Thanks!

Stephen Rice

Thnaks @Stephen Rice i checked with user and there is no other user. i saw user was inheritating permission from parent so i change this and click "stop" however i went again and created some files and folders and onedrive continues showing them as shared.

Very odd!

Can you get me some screenshots so I can debug further? If you can show me the "shared" column, manage permissions for one of those items and advanced permissiosn for the site? Thanks!

Stephen Rice

Stephen,

What's the resolution status on this specific issue?

Terrence Montgomery

IT Project Manager

it got resolved recently.   first we removed the inheritance from parent however that did not resolved the issue. Then we realized the same user was added in the permission list of the folder meaning onedrive was taking her as different user and showing the files as "shared" even when it was shared with the user itself. Very simple but took some time to us.

Raul,

Thank you very much. Looks like that did the trick!

Terrence Montgomery

IT Project Manager

SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory

Glad to hear it got worked out!

Stephen Rice

Hi,

I am facing the same issue at 01 Nos. User. Could you please share step by step details of the subject issue.

@Raul Alvarado