OneDrive for Business sign-in error 1200

Copper Contributor

Hi Community,

I have installed the latest OneDrive version and whenever I try to sign in with a particular business account I get the error code 1200. Although any other account gets added to the same OneDrive.

So any help would be appreciated.

However I have already tried, reinstalling OneDrive, resetting it and clearing all Local App cache files, yet I get the same error.

Thanks.

12 Replies

Experiencing the same as @SohS. we tried all given troubleshoot options provided on this forum and anywhere else on the internet, unfortunately without any luck. We really need a solution Microsoft!

@SohS exactly the same problem. Three accounts for OneDrive for Business, two of them synchronize without any problem, the third one does not login to SharePoint (Error 1200, no description). Unfortunately SharePoint is a cloud version, eg. without an access to error log files. Tried everything mentioned above, no success at all.

Microsoft, please, help

@SohS exactly the same problem

@FabricioMerida We're having the exact same issue here, also for an unpredictable set of users - some work fine, some get the 1200.

The one thing we just found is that an affected user can log in on a separate machine, so this appears to be something with the install or otherwise is on their machine.  We've tried onedrive resets and office reinstall and neither has worked, so we'd going to have to cut deeper.

I have spent the last 2 days on phone w basic and now paid support to resolve. All i did was have to change an expired password! 
@SohS 

@Terry_Lazer Respectfully, neither of those things work.  The "background apps" thing is pure guessing which MS also suggested. There is no background app, and it's not a credentials issue.

Here's something that does work:

Uninstall OneDrive

Search through the user's AppData folder and delete absolutely everything named after OneDrive (it's a long list that includes caches, logs, a whole host of stuff)
When all of that is gone, reboot, reinstall OneDrive and you should be ok.

I'm certain that the nuke and pave approach could be narrowed down to clearing fewer, specific, files, but I don't know which they are yet, and this has worked for us on two machines so far.

-Mike

@mikeculbertson 

I think I located the culprit.  I went here:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\settings

There were folders Business1, Business2, Business3, Personal... I deleted all... Business1 and Personal were locked... Business2 and Business3 went away... and I was able to kick off a OneDrive sync (no 1200 error at sign-in/MFA).

This fixed OneDrive, but I still can't locate the file that is preventing us from re-adding the same account to Outlook ("Something went wrong").

STL

No luck for me. The only fix I've found is to format the PC.

@massideas Many thanks this worked for me!

C \Users\"Your username"\AppData\Local\Microsoft, right click and delete the IdentityCache folder

Unhide the system files and folders to see it.

@SohS 

There is an article on top of clearing cache, worth to take a look:

OneDrive Errors: Onedrive error 0x8004dec5 + "something went wrong [1200]" (spiceworks.com)

This fixed the issue for me! The user was getting a 1200 error when signing into Excel, word, etc and this fixed the issue. Thank you!