OneDrive for Business - Hidden Folders

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We just did an data migration from a windows file server to OneDrive for Business.  One user claimed that she had a folder called Forms.  We didn't find it anywhere on her OneDrive for Business, but did find it on the old File Server.  We logged into the customers tenant site and opened up this users OneDrive account.  Inside, we tried to create a new folder and name it Forms.  It says that it couldn't create the folder cause there was an existing folder with the same name.  We checked OFB on the users PC using Windows Explorer and selected to show hidden files, but there was nothing there.  In the end, we just adjusted the naming of the folder so the user could use the files, but why would this occur?  Has anyone have this happen to them as well?

4 Replies
The name “forms” is an invalid name in the root of Onedrive as per the https://support.office.com/en-us/article/invalid-file-names-and-file-types-in-onedrive-onedrive-for-...
Yeah, Forms is a folder used to store document library New/Edit/View form files so it's reserved. You have to go to the library in Classic view with Internet Explorer and use File explorer and you used to be able to view that folder and it's contents.
Yeah, if you go to the users OneDrive in Internet Explorer, and over on the view drop down is Open in Explorer. If you show hidden files here, you'll see the Hidden Forms folder as it's a direct view of the files over webdav.

Is this folder not hidden on iOS devices? When I'm signed into my OneDrive for Business account within Word or Office on my iPhone, there is a folder named "Forms." Trying to figure out what it is has led me here. I would actually like to hide it, especially if it's meant to be a hidden folder. Is there a way to do that?