Onedrive for Business default url

Brass Contributor

I have a problem that I can't get my head around and I would appreciate some ideas. 

I have a user whose onedrive for business defaults to "/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx" at the end of the URL which shows as a "modern" page with just a couple of folders. When he uses the "default.aspx" ending on his onedrive url he gets all his files in a classic interface.

He can get to his files and can bookmark this fine. In one sense it's not a problem. However, this is not expected behaviour. I have been into his profile and it's pointing to Onedrive in exactly the same way as everyone else. So it's odd that the Onedrive web app sends him to a different URL.

Does anyone have ideas as to why this is happening and what steps I can take to make the web app take him to a modern site with his files. 

As an aside. I think I recall seeing some Microsoft documentation pointing to a list of all the Onedrive urls used and if anyone has a link to a list of standard urls us

1 Reply

@stephen_dxc122 Hi, I'm having the same issue with 1 user where the default is going to _layouts/15/onedrive.aspx which only displays 1 folder at a time. Did you find a fix for this?