One user unable to add calendar entries to shared calendar.

Copper Contributor

I have an issue which seems to only be affecting one use, core symptom being she can not add calendar entries to a calendar that has been shared with her with the permission level of editor. 

Background - the users 2013 Outlook Client suddenly started showing disconnected/connected to the exchange and as such could not send/receive emails. After some troubleshooting, I eventually just removed the profile and readded it, no problem. Upon trying to add the shared calendar in question back to her OUtlook client she could no longer add entries to the calendar. I also found that this was the same for OWA. 

For the sake of troubleshooting I've removed the Outlook client and am just testing in OWA. As the user in question I can add entries without error, but as soon as they add they instantly disappear. I can edit entries with out error, but on a refresh the changes I have made to an entry revert back. I had confirmed permissions are there in Powershell, removed, re-added, given higher permissions and so forth, all with no luck. 

The one difference with the user to all others is they are using an Alias as their primary address, however, this has always been the case and it has worked fine. I also confirm there doesn't seem to be any duplicate entries for the permissions on the calendar, adding permissions in Powershell using the users primary alias, other address, username etc. all result in the permissions applying to the one correct user. 

1 Reply

You can enable mailbox auditing and check the entries for the delegate. Maybe you can identify some more details what happens exactly to the disappearing calendar items: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn879651.aspx