On premises synced DL's not showing up in new Address list

%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-2678658%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3EOn%20premises%20synced%20DL's%20not%20showing%20up%20in%20new%20Address%20list%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-2678658%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EWe%20have%20some%20Distribution%20lists%20syncing%20from%20on%20premises%20however%20when%20we%20ran%20command%20below%20to%20create%20a%20new%20address%20list%20%3A%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%3CSTRONG%3ENew-AddressList%20-Name%20%22Testing%20distribution%20list%22%20-RecipientFilter%20%22((RecipientType%20-eq%20'MailUniversalDistributionGroup')%20-and%20(EmailAddresses%20-like%20'SMTP%3A%40domain.com'))%22%3C%2FSTRONG%3E%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%3CSTRONG%3EBut%20in%20this%20new%20address%20list%20we%20are%20not%20able%20to%20see%20distribution%20lists%20in%20OWA.%20it%20shows%20as%20blank%3CBR%20%2F%3E%3C%2FSTRONG%3E%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%3CSTRONG%3EI%20checked%20and%20the%20distribution%20list%20is%20also%20not%20hidden%20from%20GAL%20as%20hiddenfromaddresslist%20is%20set%20to%20False%3C%2FSTRONG%3E%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E%3CLINGO-LABS%20id%3D%22lingo-labs-2678658%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EHybrid%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EOffice%20365%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3C%2FLINGO-LABS%3E
New Contributor

We have some Distribution lists syncing from on premises however when we ran command below to create a new address list :

New-AddressList -Name "Testing distribution list" -RecipientFilter "((RecipientType -eq 'MailUniversalDistributionGroup') -and (EmailAddresses -like 'SMTP:@domain.com'))"

 

But in this new address list we are not able to see distribution lists in OWA. it shows as blank

I checked and the distribution list is also not hidden from GAL as hiddenfromaddresslist is set to False

 

2 Replies
Whenever you are creating/updating address lists in Exchange Online, you need to "touch" the recipients first, before they appear in the new list. Read here for details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/exchange/troubleshoot/administration/new-address-lists-not-contains...

@exoguru 

 
The Update-AddressList cmdlet (or Update-GlobalAddressList) isn't available in Exchange Online PowerShell. If recipients that should appear an address list do not, you need to change the required property value for those users to a temporary value, and then back to the value that's required by the address list. You can update the user property values in the Exchange admin center (EAC) or Exchange Online PowerShell, but it's quicker to do bulk operations in PowerShell." and share link with the procedure mentioned in MS doc.
 
You can also refer to the following documentation.