Office365 account is disconnected

Copper Contributor

Multiple users on different handsets using Outlook for Android have been getting the above error when opening the app.

Click on Fix and this resolves, but this is constantly happening. Have tried the built in Contact Support function, and they are useless.

I have tried

• Deleting account, readding account
  • resetting app
  • deleting app, installing and configuring once more
  • manually entering account details

Screenshot_20180405-190231.png

I've also raised this with MS Support, but after 11 days still no contact even though the support form says an engineer would contact me within ten minutes.

Hopefully someone else has come across the same issue and can offer some advice.

3 Replies

I get this message regularly when switching networks, because our company uses Conditional Access/MFA. By changing the network, the token gets revoked and the application needs to re-authenticate, which is what should happen when you press the Fix button. In addition, Intune policies can also cause similar behavior.

@Vasil Michev

Thanks for the feedback. We don't use intune. I'll have to check about MFA. It happens everytime the app is opened regardless of and network movement.

Typically raised this with MS support over two weeks ago, no response from them and today they've closed the support request! #disgrace

I get the same problem all the time, it's quite annoying I am trying to move to use only Microsoft software but I am having difficulties setting everything right for small bugs like this