SOLVED

Office Installation failed in macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Copper Contributor

Brand new mac running macOS Catalina 10.15.6. Went to office365 and tried to download latest version of office to install. Got "installation failed" and it gives no reason. Tried doing this twice (new download files). Any idea why? Is it incompatible with 10.15.6?

5 Replies
best response confirmed by webdevguy (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @webdevguy 

Are you trying to download from App store or directed download ?

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer to help the other members find it more

@Faraz Shaikh Thanks! I just tried from the app store and it worked! Do you think it's an OS incompatibility with the version on the MS website?

Hi @webdevguy 

I really don't know what is holding to stepup Office sometimes on mac, one of my friend was unable to download from Apple Stores so I suggested him to use office.com download the setup file it worked fine.

I think the issue might be with the macOS Catalina, as they have change the app architecture which may be causing the file NOT to do the setup.

Glad to hear your query was resolve :thumbs_up: :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer to help the other members find it more

Not for me (OS 10.15.7) try download  from apple store and direct was require os 11:sad:@webdevguy 

Try using Excel Online, you will love the new features add
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by webdevguy (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @webdevguy 

Are you trying to download from App store or directed download ?

View solution in original post