Office 365 Working in single mailbox as Multiple persons

Copper Contributor

Hello,

one of our clients has some unusual wishes for their work with Outlook and Office 365.

They want to work with 2 persons together in a single mailbox, which is something like team@.
All mails incoming and sent should go there, but when replying to mails in Outlook, they want the default reply adresse to be matching there personal mail.

So all mails should go to team@ but when answering, they want to anwser from a@ and b@.
Sent mails, should go the the "Sent items" from team@.

Is it possible to create such enviroment in O365?

Thanks for any help in advance.

7 Replies

Hi@sprind_it 

Why not just creating a shared mailbox and assiging permissions to both users?

User can reply to Emails in the shared mailbox with their own personal Emails.

Thank you

Dav,

Hey,

I have thought about that, and forwarding incoming mails to a@ and b@ into the shared mailbox.
But there is still the "problem" of have to switch the sender when answering a mail in Outlook, located in the shared folder.
Aswell as sent Items being in the mailbox of a@ and b@.

Thank you

Hi@sprind_it 

I am sure there is a solution for issues you mentioned. A possible fix via a Reg Key but it needs to applied to user's profiles on their machine. I have personally done the Reg key to send Emails sent from Shared Mailbox the sender's "Sent Items" or vice versa and it worked fine.

Thank you

Dav,

Hey,

do you happen to know, how to make sent items from a@ appear in the shared mailbox folder?
I know it is possible, to make copies appear in both mailboxes when sending from a shared.
But they want to send from their personal ones and want the sent items to still appear in the shared folder.

Thanks for your time.

Hi@sprind_it 

Do you have a hybrid deployment or just Office365? 

Thank you

Dav,

Hi @sprind_it ,

If they using desktop Outlook (not OWA) then ask them to google for SetFrom for Outlook add-in.

Regards,

Victor

Hi @sprind_it ,

possible solution:

both persons use one mailbox shared@contoso.com.

Account shared@contoso.com has right to send as person1 and person2.

Their Outlook have an add-in named "SetFrom for Outlook" installed that sets the default From address to person1(person2).

Good luck.