Office 365 Services use cases

Iron Contributor
Hi all,

I would appreciate if you can share your view about how are using different o365 services together. Example, Microsoft Teams, Streams, Yammer, Modern SharePoint Sites, Power BI and others.

Many thanks for your help on this.
3 Replies

There are many , many ways :) 

Each service has it's own purpose. You choose the services that benefits your organization and/or yourself..Also Office 365 has integrations for most services into other services within the Office 365 platform..So for example you can have SharePoint as an intranet for the entire company - with webparts of stream video -showing the latest company commercial , a Power BI webpart whick shows the latest sales numbers , Yammer for conversations within Sharepoint and so on! For departments and projects you can have groups/teams for better collaboration and those have great integration possibilites as well..

Teams is MS way of gathering all these services into a single interface + chatt, calling and more..Within Teams you can integrate almost any Office 365 service as connectors or tabs..Soon also a tab for Yammer..

Let me know your scenario a little better and I can give you a more specific setup that may suit you

/ Adam

Thanks Adam for your response and giving some insights.

Would you able to share some user stories / use cases around how all other services integrated with the MS steams?

Many thanks!

For example, I made a Ignite 2018 team in my company's tenant..In there I created channel corresponding to different Microsoft technologies! In the general channel i tabbed the SharePoint team site for the underlaying office 365 group, where I had inserted general information about Ignite!

I created a team planner plan and assigned important Ignite sessions to the people the subject mattered the most! ALso a stream tab where I posted some videos about ignite..I also connected a twitter connector in the channel so all tweets from MSignite account ended up in the conversations window..

A lot can be done but make sure what you are doing makes sense and have a purpose, else it will just be confusing for the end users