SOLVED

Office 365 renewal from a licence code

Copper Contributor

Hi!
I currently have an ongoing Office 365 Personal plan web purchased from the Microsoft account that expires in August. Now, in a local store are selling the yearly renewal from the same plan (O365 Personal) with a nice discount. My question is: Can I buy the code licence in this store and activate it by august when my current licence is about to finish? Is there any problem in that, due that I have originally purchased it via MS webstore? And those code that local store sell have any short expiration date?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by JSRichard (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi @JSRichard,

You should be able to take the product activation code they provide and enter it into your account prior to the existing subscription expires. If they are a good provider, they should be able to help you do this in the store.

As this article shows the product activation code should be valid for 5 years after purchase

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_install-mso_win10/microsoft-office-365-p...

I would check this with the store to confirm. But personally, I would always recommend in the last month of the existing subscription purchasing and applying the code, then you can do it all in one go with support without any stress.

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

Thanks! Yes, this answers my doubt. My first option is, as well, to just purchase it by the end of july or so. My only concern is to not lose this amazing 30% discount jah. But I guess I will take the chances. The store is reliable, but still tedious to work with, is a very big technology store in the country (big but not smart many times). Every time to time there are cool promotions.

Thank you very much.-

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JSRichard (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi @JSRichard,

You should be able to take the product activation code they provide and enter it into your account prior to the existing subscription expires. If they are a good provider, they should be able to help you do this in the store.

As this article shows the product activation code should be valid for 5 years after purchase

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_install-mso_win10/microsoft-office-365-p...

I would check this with the store to confirm. But personally, I would always recommend in the last month of the existing subscription purchasing and applying the code, then you can do it all in one go with support without any stress.

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post