Office 365 "sign in" not working on local programs mac (no output)

Copper Contributor

*summary* "when I put in the wrong password it says Ive put in the wrong password, however if i put in the right password i get no output whatsoever"

Hi experts,

Ive been having this issue for a couple months now and was wondering if anyone else had experienced it. Im using an office 365 account supplied by my college and all of my work is on my one drive and my tasks are set through teams. i cant identify what has changed but i can now no longer log into office from my personal machine using the office programs, browser logins seem to work fine and Ive tested this on other machines and found no issue. Ive attached screen clippings below but it seems that the issue is that when I put in the wrong password it says Ive put in the wrong password, however if i put in the right password i get no output whatsoever all it does is clear the Textbox.

my school IT technicians suggested updating to the latest OS as i recently installed an SSD with a pre configured version of High Sierra on it which could have been too outdated for office, the update didnt end up doing much.

would love to hear anyones suggestions and i can provide more info if needed.

many thanks 

yungnatez x

0 Replies