Office 365 Merger and Acquistion -Migrating Windows workstations

MVP

Hi All ,

A customer of mine is looking for some guidance on how they need to go about while doing M&A's with respective to Office 365 and they're specifically concerned about migrating/moving the Windows devices during M & A . 

These are some scenarios that we have though about and I'd like to get some guidance /high level overview on these scenarios . This is just specific to Windows devices only so lets keep the scope only to that .

1. Scenario 1 - Lets imagine that both the organizations have an Office 365 tenant and the devices are connected to Azure AD and and as a part of the M&A they have decided to consolidate both the tenants and AD forests . In this case how they need to think about migrating/moving their Windows devices . 

2. Scenario 2 - Lets imagine that both the organizations have an Office 365 tenant and the devices are connected to Azure AD and and as a part of the M&A they have decided to consolidate both the tenants but leave Active directory forests separate . In this case how they need to think about migrating/moving their Windows devices . 

3. Scenario 3 - Lets imagine that both the organizations have an Office 365 tenant and the devices are connected to Azure AD and and as a part of the M&A they have decided to consolidate both the tenants and create Net-New AD user objects .In this case how they need to think about migrating/moving their Windows devices . 

4. Scenario 4 - Migrate nothing , net -new everything . In this case how they need to think about migrating/moving their Windows devices . 

Please check and let me know your thoughts against each scenario . 

0 Replies