Office 365 LinkedIn contact sync availability

Silver Contributor
Several months after announcement I am still awaiting LinkedIn contact sync to be made available to my tenant. I'm based in the UK but within the European datacentres. I'm in TR. Anyone else seeing or waiting on this feature? This seems like a very long rollout period.
4 Replies

Yeah, I've been waiting to test it out too, with no luck. It seems to be one of those features that get enabled only for a handful of locations, as detailed in the documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/linkedin-integration

Spoiler
LinkedIn account connections functionality is currently being rolled out to Azure AD tenants. When it is rolled out to your tenant, it is enabled by default. It is not available for United States government customers, and organizations with Exchange Online mailboxes hosted in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, South Korea, United Kingdom, Japan, and South Africa. Support for these mailbox locations is coming soon. For an up-to-date view of rollout information, see the Office 365 Roadmap page.
Thanks Vasil, I recall seeing that. I took it to mean those mailboxes hosted in dedicated data centres. For example, my data is still hosted in Europe (probably Amsterdam or Dublin) with some services still running from the US. It would be good to get an update from Microsoft on progress! Thanks as always for your reply.

Same here, hosted in data centers that should get it but nothing yet.

Looks like that feature won't come ever - but not because of MS but because of their subsidiary LinkedIn which is preventing all external companies (and for that matter MS itself seems to be treated equally) from syncing their contacts. I can't understand LinkedIn' policy.