Office 365 installation taking too long time and finally not installed

Brass Contributor

Dears,

Trust you doing great, I have an issue when installing Office 365, it takes too long time, I have tried 32-bit and 64-bit but unfortunately no progress.

I try to use the tool which uninstalls office 365 but no progress.

what is the issue and how can I solve it, please note my internet connection is good and stable, kindly advice 

25 Replies
Seems like a hardware issue! Try another machine to pinpoint this!

Do a hard drive and memory test on the computer also!

Also here is a link to common office 365 installation errors:

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/troubleshoot-installing-office-35ff2def-e0b2-4dac-9784-4cf2...

Go through this one and make sure you are ok!

Adam

@Amr Khattab I suppose you are logged in as Administrator on the machine or have Admin rights?. Could you try and install something differnt like acrobat reader etc? The application does take some time but not forever, SSD drive really helps the system in most cases.

@adam deltinger 

Dear Adam,

Kindly note that the shared link is not working, I do try it in different machine and it is going ok. 

I need ur assistance in the affected machine.

@a2amali 

I do install different application and it is successfully installed, but I tried again to install office 365 and it also taking long time 

@Amr Khattab Could you do system recovery before office365 was first installed or to the oldest time and then try it out? 

Thanks all,

I do install the office 365, but now I have an issue with Outlook, it asks me about my account credentials I do insert my user name and password correctly but outlook doesn't load and again asks me for password. Could you please help me.

@Amr Khattab  First you should change password and unlock account.

Second type user name with domain name like user.name@domain.xxx with new password

@Amr Khattab wrote:

Thanks all,

I do install the office 365, but now I have an issue with Outlook, it asks me about my account credentials I do insert my user name and password correctly but outlook doesn't load and again asks me for password. Could you please help me.

This is the error image, please note that I can access my email account by browser, and I am sure my password is correct 

Capture.PNG

When I tried to change my password, this error appeared

@Amr KhattabThis message means that it is your PC account that is not authorized on the network.

For account to work you need correct user/pass which you have but the computer also have a user (computer name) and domain generated password. 

To fix this problem you must remove the PC from the domain by making it a member of local group. 

Then change the PC name and restart (or delete the computer account from active directory)

Then connect the PC back to the domain with Admin credentials 

This issue happened, before two days only and I use the same computer and Outlook worked perfectly, when this issue happened at the first time I tried to uninstall office and reinstall it, after taking long time to install office, the Outlook issue is the same.

@Amr Khattab  OK, try this first but if this does not work then do what I said in the previous message

Open File Explorer and browse to this location:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

Delete everything within that folder

Dear sir,

I have delete all files in the mentioned path, please note that my PC working as a workgroup, not ever joined in a domain network.

Please advice,

@Amr Khattab If you have received this error on your PC, it means that there was a malfunction in your system operation. Common reasons include incorrect or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in your Windows registry, consequences of a virus or malware attack, improper system shutdown due to a power failure or another factor, someone with little technical knowledge accidentally deleting a necessary system file or registry entry, as well as a number of other causes. The immediate cause of the "Trusted Platform Module Reset" error is a failure to correctly run one of its normal operations by a system or application component.

You can download this utility to reset this error on your PC. 
http://hu.fileerrors.com/download.php

Press YES to clear the TPM
Press No to reject this change request and continue. Do you accept the change
[Yes] [No]

Dear Sir,

I downloaded this tools, it found some issues but it asks for a license keys, could you please share the license key with me. or if you have any alternative solution please share it.

regards,

@Amr Khattab The Licence key should be on the sticker on the back of your PC or you could use other tools to get it out from your registery 

You could also reset your PC using Windows 10 Recovery at this point because you seems to have had too many issues with this install and if you do not reset your PC then you may get other issues in the future.

@Amr Khattab wrote:
Dear Sir,

I downloaded this tools, it found some issues but it asks for a license keys, could you please share the license key with me. or if you have any alternative solution please share it.

regards,

could you please let me know how to get this license key.

@Amr Khattab  Click on Windows icon on the bottom left of your PC
type 'powershell' and press enter

copy and paste this in the powershell window and press enter

(Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey

You should be presented with your local windows 10 key. Hope this helps.