Office 365 Home DKIM Configuration

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have an Office 365 home account and have configured a personalised email address using GoDaddy. I have configured SPF on the GoDaddy Domain that appears to work. Is it possible to setup DKIM too for my configuration? All online instructions I have seen refer to Office 365 Business accounts and in particularly using the Admin Centre to configure this, (which Office Home doesn't have access to).

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Simon

26 Replies
@Stahlreck given the amount of money paid to GoDaddy and the automated configuration of DNS zone for the domain. Configuring, and maintaining the configuration of DKIM for DMARC would be incredibly simple (if the email platform supported it).  It need not be an advanced feature if automated!  The only time anyone would have an issue would be if they were attempting to send email traffic for the domain from non-MS servers. Personally I want to sign all email so that there is less chance of someone spoofing my domain (yes Microsoft, personal accounts need to be properly secured too)

did this ever get a good answer?

I have desktop outlook 365 home connected to my hostmonster email domain and emails work fine but for some reason it doesn't use the DKIM signature that is configured on my domain. 

SPF, DKIM and DMARC are configured correctly on hostmonster as evidenced by them working just fine when sending mail using every other mail app I've tried (apple's mail app on iphone, or simple free webmail, etc.) but for some reason using the outlook desktop app on windows doesn't include the dkim header when sending emails.  it does include the SPF and DMARC headers but not the DKIM.

Anybody found a solution to this?

Thanks.

@EdwinVanEtten Microsoft found better (for them) solution - they'll remove support for custom domains at the end of this month (30th November 2023) :(

There are still a lot of people using personalised email address in Microsoft 365 Personal & Family. Why have Microsoft abandoned us by not providing now-crucial DKIM support?
Very nice, so Microsoft 365 Home Premium users are not maintained and updated with DKIM therefore unable to send emails to personal @gmail.com accounts anymore.
No active work from Microsoft, no active or referral link.
Here is latest available public info from Google and Microsoft as of today.:

> Sending to personal Gmail accounts requires a DKIM key...

> No, Outlook.com currently does not support DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) or Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance (DMARC).
Microsoft advertised personalised email addresses to encourage people to join M365 Personal & Family and Godaddy, and now we can't even use it to send emails without ending up in the spam folder. Great work Microsoft.