Office 365 groups / Sharepoint sites displaying sporadic errors

Copper Contributor

I am having nothing but issues getting a support call resolved, or even have anything done to troubleshoot.

I have an open case, case number 13770851. My client has been experiencing SharePoint issues for a few weeks. We opened the case 13 days ago. People regularly, but sporadically are receiving various permission and upload errors on O365 group / SharePoint folders to which they have appropriate permissions. This occurs both in the browser, and through data synchronized from those groups / sites with the OneDrive for Business client. It occurs at random and with multiple users.

The first person I spoke with insisted on increasing Sharepoint resource / storage limits for those sites, even though we were nowhere near limitations. A day later, when things were still not working, the tech blamed our network...

When I duplicated issues from outside of the network, they insisted on the installation of Fiddler to capture traffic. The installation of this application caused disruption - it requires the installation of 2 dozen or more certificates (this breaks Firefox from being able to browse secure sites, as that browser has it's own CA it trusts). I asked the engineer if there were any logging alternatives... two days later, I received a response that Fiddler is the only option and that I could install it on a non-production computer - this is particularly asinine, considering that this is a sporadic issue.

I decided to ask a user to put up with the issues from Fiddler long enough to see if we could reproduct the errors. I was lucky enough to duplicate the issue with Fiddler running and upload the logs to the case. That was on 4/11... on 4/12, I received an email from the second person to handle my case that they would be out of the office for the next 4 days and they would contact me upon returning.

Despite this problem impacting our production users, I feel as though I have received zero useful support, and that Microsoft has absolutely no regard for my client's need for productivity.

Needless to say, I will be directing any client who asks sharply away from using SharePoint online as a solution / alternative to file storage. I think Microsoft's competitors can't possible be any worse when dealing with these support issues. As it is, for this client, we are stuck with this shabby and useless support. As such, I was hoping to get some answers / assistance from this community, as the normal support channels seem to be waste of my time.

I am also having problems uploading files to this post, so can't attach any screenshots, but I am happy to send in a DM to anyone who thinks they can assist.

0 Replies