Office 365 Groups external user dialog request additional authentication

Iron Contributor

Hello,

I've done a setup of an Office 365 Group and added 2 external users; they can access the SharePoint site but just after they have the screen of the site it appears a dialog box that has as title the tenant.sharepoint.com and ask for user and password; if the user insert the credential used to access the site the dialog appear again: the strange thing is that if the user click on cancel they can navigate on the site, click for example on the document library, but after the click the dialog appears again.

I attach 2 screenshots of the behaviour

O365 group external user 2.png

I also attach the screenshot of the dialog but when I use edge

o365 group 3.png

I think I gave all the permissions in SharePoint and in Group Settings and also this is not the first Group where I use an external user.

Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies

I have figured out what this issue is and posted about it and also have an active ticket in about the issue. Once I hear more I will let you know, but you can add that you have the issue to the original post as well if you want so you can subscribe to the post :P.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/User-hover-cards-causing-Team-Group-Guest-users-Sh...

I have seen this problem a couple the types too!