SOLVED

Office 365 group expiration email: spamming owners

Copper Contributor

Tried out the Office 365 group expiration function the other day. Good thing I only turned it on for a few selected groups, cos the owners of those got hudreds of emails telling them to renew. One of them counted as much as 450 emails for one group! I cannot imagine this as normal behaviour - in which case the function is gonna be the most hated thing if turned on for all...

Any idea what is wrong with this?

3 Replies

I haven't run into such issues yet. Might help if you tell us exactly what you configured. You can also run some message traces to check whether some of those messages weren't duplicated because of mailflow loops and such. And in case you can reliably reproduce this, open a support ticket and report it, so any potential bugs are fixed.

did a straight forward setup of this using the groups expiration function in Azure AD. Not many options here... selected group lifetime 180 days, my email adress for contact of groups with no owner, and selected 4 groups this should apply to. Will look into mailflow

best response confirmed by Gonwild (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yeah, we had this two days ago! Crazy amounts of mails going out! Have reported this! Do the same!!

Adam
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Gonwild (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yeah, we had this two days ago! Crazy amounts of mails going out! Have reported this! Do the same!!

Adam

View solution in original post