Office 365 Fail to Launch After Installation

Copper Contributor

Recently, I experienced problem to launch programs in Office 365. None of the supported Office files is able to run. Keep getting error message that Windows can't find the path to the file (see attachment of error message). This problem persist despite repeated attempts to re-install Office 365. I still have a valid Office 365 subscription that expires in 2021.

This problem exists in both my notebook and desktop PC running Windows 10 version 2004 Build 19041.329. My Office version is 16.0.12827.20268.

Appreciate all the helpful advice as I am depending heavily on MS Office programs for work purpose.

1 Reply

@Simon1290 Hello, this has nothing to do with your installation, if you the attached the correct photo that is. It's simply telling you it cannot find the file in it's location. Search for the documents name instead. Re-installation will not change the document properties (file location etc.). If you cannot open any Office app despite doing a complete re-install you can try creating a new user profile and take it from there https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14039/windows-fix-corrupted-user-profile

If no luck, try reaching out to the official Microsoft support.