Office 365 emails have blocked me

Copper Contributor
I have tried contacting Microsoft twice, first time I was put on hold then the guy hungup the second time I called I was told I'll get a call back but never did so this is the only place I can go ATM.

I have set upy own recruitment agency and I am using Microsoft office 365 business to send out emails however because I am sending thousands of emails a day through my Itris CRM system which is connected to my office 365, it seems like Microsoft have blocked me from sending any further emails. The bounce back message that I get is this:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

fouzybarahman10@gmail.com
Your message wasn\'t delivered because the recipient\'s email provider rejected it.

The first 100/200 emails sent fine then I started getting the message above for all the further emails.

I would like to use my emails again and I would also like to confirm how I can send bulk emails through outlook? Do I need to get an addon to send bulk marketing emails? My ex employer was using office 365 emails to send 1000s of emails but when I tried it I got blocked?

I look forward to your response
6 Replies

@Fouzy1545 

Hi, the first thing i would recommend you check is that your domain has not ended up on a blocklist.

You can use this tool to check - https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/ and if you have been blocked you can complete a removal request.

Just checked and I have not been blacklisted.

@Fouzy1545 

That is a good start at least.  It may be then that you are hitting some of the Exchange Online Limits that are in place.  Please take a look at this - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/exchange-online-service-description/e... and see if you mat be hitting any of the send limits.

I think I am hitting limit because I'm sending over 30 emails a min at times. Do you have any add-ons / software that I can use to send bulk mail? I used to work for a company that uses Microsoft office emails but they could send thousands of emails with no issue. Also, how can I unblock my emails so I can start using again?

@Fouzy1545 

I'm afraid I'm not aware of any such add-ons which would achieve this for you.  As for getting your emails unblocked, was there a link in the rejection message that you could click on in order to request that you could be unblocked?  If not, I'm afraid you will have to go through the MS support ticket process again.  

@Fouzy1545 Hello, it sound as if your previous company used distribution groups. As for bulk email it violates the Office 365 terms of service.

Official quote.

"Exchange Online customers who have to send legitimate bulk commercial email (for example, customer newsletters) should use third-party providers that specialize in these services."