SOLVED

office 365- email address policy

Copper Contributor

HI guys,

Just have a quick question, we are in the process of migrating our on prem mailboxes to office365. the migration is working well, but we noticed that the users prefixes for the mailaddress is changed back to the default namespace.  In our hybrid on prem environment, we have an email adress policy based on an AD attribute (Company) so, each department gets a different default smtp address.   

We noticed that in office 365 exchange admin portal, this tab is missing? So how achieve again this policy, so that each on prem users, get the right prefix again?

thanks already for responses.

greetings

Wesley

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Wesley Baeyens (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Email address policies are not available in ExO, if that's what you mean by the "tab is missing". Well they are, but only for Office 365 Group objects, not users.

In Hybrid environment however, the on-premises policy should still apply, and the email addresses synced via AAD Connect. You might want to check your sync rules.

Thanks for your reply, i found the issue, in the email address policy i have to click now also apply for external mailaddress.  when i resynced, the mailaddress was applied immediately.

greetings

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Wesley Baeyens (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Email address policies are not available in ExO, if that's what you mean by the "tab is missing". Well they are, but only for Office 365 Group objects, not users.

In Hybrid environment however, the on-premises policy should still apply, and the email addresses synced via AAD Connect. You might want to check your sync rules.

View solution in original post