Office 365 email account in Gmail keep rejecting correct login

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I've been using Office 365 email account in Gmail for several months now, but this morning Gmail start rejecting to download messages with "incorrect username or password" error. I am 1000% positive that I'm using correct LOGIN/PW combination.

I am using POP3 with outlook.office365.com server and port 995 and I did not change anything on my side.

Is this feature started to being unsupported? Or Am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks 

4 Replies
same problem. has anyone already solved this?

I started having this problem yesterday.  I have not been able to resolve it using all the suggestions on the Internet.  I have 3 Gmail accounts linked to Outlook 365.  One is my personal account and the other two are business accounts.  My personal account is POP and the two business accounts are set as IMAP.  The strange thing is that Outlook is still communicating with the two business Gmail accounts but the Gmail server keeps rejecting the Outlook connection.  I checked all settings in my personal Gmail account and nothing was changed and they are all the same as with the other two Gmail accounts.  I've restarted Outlook and rebooted my computer to no avail.

@MatusMaterna 

Last time was related to security change, would suggest raise ticket to Microsoft support