Office 365 E3 or Microsoft 365 E3

Iron Contributor

Has anyone come across a matrix that compares the above?

For me, I am looking for a plan that includes Azure Premium P1 (I need the Conditional Access Piece).

Seems cheaper to get the E3 plan and add the Azure Active Directory Premium P1 instead, unless there are other bells and whistles I am not aware of.

Any comments would be appreciated.

6 Replies

Hi! Microsoft 365  E3 also includes Windows 10 Enterprise

Below is a link to see whats included in the M 365 plans

https://www.microsoft.com/sv-se/microsoft-365/compare-all-microsoft-365-plans

Basically:

Microsoft 365 Enterprise E3 = Windows 10 Enterprise E3 + Office 365 E3 + Enterprise Mobility + Security E3

/ Adam

If you only need the AAD P1 capabilities then yes, it's much cheaper to get the standalone plan. But it also might be a good chance to think about your future investments in Microsoft technologies, as bundling the whole M365 suite might be cheaper in the long run, if you plan to take advantage of other services/features.

Really appreciate all the responses.

If I go down the E3 + Azure P1 route, which is the add-on I need to support Email Encryption if I get this later on?

That is included in that route

I still think it's a no brainer to go with EMS E3 over P1. The pricing is so close especially if you have an EA that it worth the very small difference to get Intune etc. The m365 price is quite a bit more however in comparison.

Thanks for the clarification Admin on the encryption piece.

Chris, it looks like we might be using  IBM MaaS360 for Mobile Device Management instead of Intune, hence E3 + Azure P1.

For sure Microsoft 365 E3 is a complete solution if you throw Intune into the mix.