Office 365 Azure Information Protection - How to set "Do Not Reply" restriction?

Copper Contributor

We have recently set up and enabled the Office 365 email encryption system via Azure Information Protection.

This is working well however we would like to edit the default "Do Not Forward" template so that it also includes a restriction which prevents the encrypted emails from being replied to as well.

Does anyone know how to do this? So far via a lot of Googling I've not found anything.

thanks

3 Replies

Although this option appears to users (and Exchange administrators) as if it's a default Rights Management template that they can select, Do Not Forward is not a template. That explains why you cannot see it in the Azure portal when you view and manage protection templates. Instead, the Do Not Forward option is a set of usage rights that is dynamically applied by users to their email recipients.

Thanks Mitch

I was aware of that, but I am struggling to find steps on how to create a template that has the same restrictions as the Do Not Forward template with the additional restriction of Do Not Reply.

You can't edit these afaik, the only policies to be customised are the AIP ones for document encryption. These are in the azure portal under "azure Information Protection"