Office 365 Apps - Automate Add Service OneDrive Sharepoint account

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Is there a way to automate adding a Storage Location for Office 365 Sharepoint to all of our Word/Excel users so that they don't each have to each enter it manually?

3 Replies

Afaik the only options you have (when using GPOs or the OCT) is to block the use of those, no way to pre-populate them. As soon as the user logs in with a O365 account however he should see both ODFB and the company SharePoint site.

Bit of a long shot but there may be more options available later in the year for Office user configuration, as mentioned in the web Office Customization Tool announcement:

"For those of you who are familiar with the old Win32 Office Customization Tool which came with your perpetual (MS Installer) bits, you’ll notice the new customization tool has a lack of install-time user preferences. Over the next several months we will be enhancing the tool to enable desktop admins to select many configurable user preferences that are currently being offered with the perpetual counterpart.

Something to look out for anyway.

I wouldn't hold my breath, the way I read this is that eventually we will have parity between the old MSI-focused OCT and the new C2R one. And unless I'm blind, there is no option to preconfigure "connected accounts" in the current one, moreover those seem to be linked to the Identities key in the registry, thus linked to the user's GUID. I hope you are right though and we see something similar in the future :)