SOLVED

Office 365 application to handle pictures in Marketing and Communication?

Brass Contributor

I hope someone can help me; the Marketing Department in my organization asked if there is an application in Office 365 they can use to store and organize their photos.

They need to be able to add tags to the pictures, so it will be possible to make a search on tags instead of file names or date.

I have looked at the different applications in Office 365, but I cannot see an application that can handle this - Stream seems to be more based on video content, or have I misunderstood?

I then thought OneDrive could do the trick, but it seems that the option for tagging photos are only in personal OneDrive, amd not in OneDrive for Business - which is a shame! (and yes, I have voted for this on the customer feedback page ;) )

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Lotte Rose Nielsen (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Yup. Look SharePoint, it’s the same as OneDrive since onedrive is sharepoint except you can totally use metadata to tag documents etc. you can use folders or change your views to show no folders and all documents and you can filter on one or many metadata columns that you define.

You can also share photos from the library with anyone and external users should you choose etc. but I would not use it to link to any permanent resources on a website as those links could change at some point over time

you can put the images into standard document library, and if you change the View to Tiles you can see them. Then add one or more custom columns for your tagging categories. I would consider using a Managed Metadata column so that you could implement a common set of terms across the organization.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Lotte Rose Nielsen (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Yup. Look SharePoint, it’s the same as OneDrive since onedrive is sharepoint except you can totally use metadata to tag documents etc. you can use folders or change your views to show no folders and all documents and you can filter on one or many metadata columns that you define.

You can also share photos from the library with anyone and external users should you choose etc. but I would not use it to link to any permanent resources on a website as those links could change at some point over time

View solution in original post