O365 - Outlook

Copper Contributor

Is there a way in O365 Outlook to send someone a calendar event so that the event appears in their calendar; however, not have it shown in my calendar OR delete the event on my end and it remain in their calendar? Example being I have a doctors appointment with private information on my calendar event that has no invited attendees. Only I see the event with specific details. At the same time, I want to send my supervisor a calendar event notifying him I will be out of the office on 5/1 from 10:00 - 11:00.... The only way I can find to do this is to have a personal calendar event, then send a second calendar event to my supervisor without the detailed information. The problem with this is I have "doubled" events for the same day, time, etc. I would like to send my supervisor a event date and time and then be able to delete it on my end OR it not appear on my end (only his end) so that only 1 event is shown for that day/time. 

1 Reply

@corygreen With Outlook 2016 (comes with E3 subscription), you can create a meeting request, submit it to your supervisor, wait for him to acknowledge, then simply delete it and select to not send a meeting update.  This will leave it on his calendar but remove it from yours.

Of course, if you had access to his calendar, you could create the invitation directly on it, but I'm doubting you have it else you wouldn't be asking!

Another option would be to create a shared calendar with your supervisor for these types of events (it's actually what I do with my team).  This way my staff can add PTO requests and maintain our on-call rotation so everyone can see it and edit it from the shared calendar.  I did this using Office 365 Groups.

Hope this helps.