O365 content search automation reports

Brass Contributor

Received a request to setup automation reports in content search. Is this possible?

Want to look the content search header info (not the email) that originate from my work email to customers. This will help see what type of communication there are. Content search will have sender/recipient/time/subject. 

5 Replies

Can you provide a bit more details on what exactly you are trying to achieve?

@Vasil Michev 

Hi Vasil

As an admin to O365 portal I can pull content search reports. 

Ex: Marketing is requesting the same content search reports every day. Without having to ask me to do it. Is there a way to export the reports on a scheduled job/powershell/flow etc. Email it to them or they can access a SQL online reporting tool etc.. 

I guess you could take the powershell script doing this and then schedule it to run daily then via the script export it into a format you wish

Adam

Content search is a very powerful functionality, I wouldn't advise using any sort of automation to it, or having any people with standing access. But in any case, it looks like you are searching about something like the message trace results? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/message-trace-scc

@VirtualTech  Just wondering if you found a solution to this. I have a similar request to perform a monthly content search on a specific query then send the results to a user. I would love to automate this process, but haven't figured out how.