Mar 17 2021 01:02 PM
Mar 17 2021 01:02 PM
We are having issue activating O365 on a 2019 RDS Server.
We have deployed following using the deployment tool as per this procedure and everything went ok, except that whenever an user wants to launch an app they are prompted to activate with their account. They enter the username then a blank window pops up for a few second and disappears. No error reported ... but no activation.
Looking into %localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Licensing we see that there was no token generated.
Looking into the event log we can correlate this with a crash of Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin.exe
Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 15/03/2021 20:34:28 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: rd-dn-01.domain.local Description: Faulting application name: Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin.exe, version: 10.0.17763.529, time stamp: 0x5cde4ed1 Faulting module name: edgehtml.dll, version: 11.0.17763.1817, time stamp: 0x409d5916 Exception code: 0x8000ffff Fault offset: 0x00000000004b5ab6 Faulting process id: 0x19f0 Faulting application start time: 0x01d719d23699f2e6 Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\edgehtml.dll Report Id: d1e78a5d-2dcd-4313-b547-c41eefe64980 Faulting package full name: Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_1000.17763.1.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy Faulting package-relative application ID: App Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-03-15T19:34:28.839239700Z" /> <EventRecordID>41399</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>rd-dn-01.domain.local</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin.exe</Data> <Data>10.0.17763.529</Data> <Data>5cde4ed1</Data> <Data>edgehtml.dll</Data> <Data>11.0.17763.1817</Data> <Data>409d5916</Data> <Data>8000ffff</Data> <Data>00000000004b5ab6</Data> <Data>19f0</Data> <Data>01d719d23699f2e6</Data> <Data>C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin.exe</Data> <Data>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\edgehtml.dll</Data> <Data>d1e78a5d-2dcd-4313-b547-c41eefe64980</Data> <Data>Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_1000.17763.1.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy</Data> <Data>App</Data> </EventData> </Event>
I have opened a ticket with support but they are completely useless – hardly managed to schedule a call-back within a week. We've run usual t-shooting (sfc, dism, desintall-reinstall, etc).
Tried to follow this and this but did not help.
At this stage we are pretty much stumped and unable to use or 365 subscription for a week.
Mar 19 2021 01:58 PM
Hey @alexTak ,
Couple of things you can try, update the .NET framework on the machine, try downloading the office via ODT on a different channel; semi-annual may be. Most importantly look at your firewall add an exception for :