No synchronisation of Subfolders to Mobile Devices

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

strange problem I ran into.

We did a migration for a customer from IMAP to Office 365. We exported the .pst-File, made a new profile in Outlook, added the Mailaccount (Office 365), everything works. After that, imported the .pst file and let it synchronize. Everything good so far. Outlook is fine. OWA (portal.office.com) shows all subfolders/mails we imported from the .pst file, so everything synchronized well. Standard procedure, we do this every week for several customers.

After a few days we started to add the Office365 (Mailaccount) to their mobile phones. They have mostly iPhones/iPads and some Android phones. Adding the mailaccount was no problem. Inbox etc. works, I can send and receive mails. And there comes the problem: There are no subfolders (the standard ones like Inbox etc. are there). They have some subfolders to organize their mails like "Accounting", "Orders", etc.

- In Outlook everything is fine

- In OWA (portal.office.com) everything is fine (all subfolders with mails show up, so sync was OK)

- On all phones, there are no subfolders/mails (those we imported with the .pst)

- If I create a new folder in OWA/Outlook it instantly shows up on the phone

Conclusion: The imported folders are "somehow flagged" to not sync with mobile devices. But they are fine in OWA, so the sync itself seems to be okay. I opened a ticket in the O365-Admin Portal but the support wasnt very helpful (they said it's the fault of the phones). I can clearly say it is not.

Any idea what to do next? Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
And this is happenbig on both android and iPhone ?
I know the android idé to have a ”see all folders ” option! Try sync with ”no limit” timeframe on IOS!

Hi Adam,

already tried the "no limit" option. Sadly it didn't work. Same thing on Android.

We also tried the Outlook App -> Same Problem. Makes things even more strange.

Thanks for your reply!

One common issue after export/import from IMAP is the folder type, which might be still set to IPF.IMAP and causing various troubles. So my question/suggestion is whether you changed the folder type after the import? You can use the macro here: https://www.slipstick.com/developer/code-samples/change-outlook-folder-type-export/

I've run the macro (the 2nd one), still no subfolders :\

Thanks for your help!

@Forke24x7 Have u found a solution to this problem yet?

I'm facing the exact same issue with one of my own customers