New infographic: Explaining Office 365 Groups

Deleted
Not applicable

On a user level, Office 365 Groups are one of the biggest selling points for moving to Office 365. They provide quick, easy access to an online workspace for communicating with colleagues and collaborating on documents and files. There’s little-to-no learning curve: get in and start working.

But they’re also one of the most confusing new things in Office 365. Below is my take on how Groups (and Yammer and Teams!) works from an everyday user's perspective. Use it for training, for explaining, and as a go-to resource when Groups confuses you.

Below is just a small part of the complete infographic. Read that in full and share with your colleagues!

O365 Twitter Post.png

3 Replies

This is a great visual, and further pushes the point I know you like to make about Groups being a true "product offering" instead of just a "service".

1. I need a Group (period)
  2. Here are all of the available Workloads (tools) associated with a Group
  3. Enable and disable workloads as necessary by the Group
    • e.g. I don't want a Team so it will be disabled, but I want everything else
    • e.g. I want both a Yammer feed AND an Outlook inbox
    • e.g. I ONLY want a Outlook inbox and a Planner, but no files or site or team or yammer, etc

It shouldnt matter WHERE a Group is provisioned, a Group should be a Group should be a Group.

Hi Matt,

Great infographics. Congrats !

Nice work on this @Deleted. Many people are still confused about Office 365 Groups and exactly what they get when they make a new Team, Plan, Group in Outlook, etc.