SOLVED

New app launcher / home mixed experience

Iron Contributor

I do not understand how the new home is made accessible to users.

I see all possible mixes of home and launcher experiences.

I am first release and have classic home and new launcher in Chrome but new launcher and new home in IE;

Some users have new home and new launcher in IE even though they are NOT first release.

Others have the classic app launcher but the new home.

It is really hard to manage change if regular users have updates before first release group.

26 Replies
The fact that this is an acceptable solution just further reenforces how anti-customer focused Microsoft is. Seriously, what are you thinking?
Just admit when you've made a mistake.

I have an explication on why it behaves that way. There is not much that can be done to fix the current "mess".

The incident is solved but that doesn't mean that the problem is fixed.

From what I understand, they know there is a problem and they are working on it. 

As an update, the new www.office.com is now rolled out 100%. This means that your users should no longer be seeing any variation in the experience--regardless of browser cookies. We apologize again for the inconvenience this caused and are evaluating different approaches for major UX revisions in the future.

The Office 365 app launcher is still in First Release. We expect to go to a very small % of WW PROD next week, so keep your eye on the Office 365 Message Center for notification of that.

FYI, First Release is obsolete terminology :)

oh yes, I'm not used to "Targeted Release" yet. :) We just published that to the Message Center on Wednesday.

Come see what's new with Office.com and experiences built into Office 365 in the web at Ignite!

Our sessions will build on what we shared last year with the redesign of the O365 app launcher and redesigned office.com and include lots of live demo!

Demo Palooza: Office.com and New O365 web experiences
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Ignite-Content-2018/Demo-palooza-Office-com-and-new...

Going beyond the waffle: From search to chat and more, what's new in Office 365 web experiences to power the digital transformation

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Ignite-Content-2018/Going-beyond-the-waffle-From-se...