SOLVED

Need help to find, explain what new updates for Office 365 Enterprise

Copper Contributor

Hello all, please help me solve some problems

My company is using Office 365 E1 and some peoples use E3.

according to this site https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/mt465751.aspx , there is changelog update history for Office 365, and according to this site https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/mt465751.aspx, its explain is only apply to 

• Office 365 ProPlus

• Office 365 Business

• Visio Pro for Office 365

• Project Online Desktop Client

and there is no any apply for Office 365 Enterprise ? where I can find what new updates apply for Enterprise. How I know what "update channel (monthly, semi-annual...)" is applying in my company

Can I "see" update from both Monthly - Semi-annual channel is applied when I login office 365 online (login.microsoft.com)

I know Microsoft split their products to many segment, name... but its really hard for me to understand

Many thanks,

best regards

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Carter Ngo (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Carter,

This is a difficult one and Microsoft themselves often bring out a change (minor changes) with apologies that they did not give people enough warning.  Often this is because the change is required to fix something etc.

It is best to think about the services within Office 365 not the product when considering upgrade paths and changes.  Exchange is still exchange and SharePoint is still SharePoint and these will bring updates independently.  The you have service running over the top like Office Graph delivering Delve and content search type features and this will change have a separate upgrade path.

My suggestion is to track the roadmap for big changes and read the Office 365 Admin news feed in your tenant to track real time changes and upgrades.

Steve Dalby

AFAIK, there is not a global change log that allows you to compare differences between an Office 365 plan and another in the way differences are explained in the change log for Office 365 desktop apps. Indeed, when Microsoft is announcing new stuff around Office 365, they always talk about what Office 365 plans will include this new stuff. You can also find this information inf the Office 365 services descriptions

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Carter Ngo (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Carter,

This is a difficult one and Microsoft themselves often bring out a change (minor changes) with apologies that they did not give people enough warning.  Often this is because the change is required to fix something etc.

It is best to think about the services within Office 365 not the product when considering upgrade paths and changes.  Exchange is still exchange and SharePoint is still SharePoint and these will bring updates independently.  The you have service running over the top like Office Graph delivering Delve and content search type features and this will change have a separate upgrade path.

My suggestion is to track the roadmap for big changes and read the Office 365 Admin news feed in your tenant to track real time changes and upgrades.

Steve Dalby

View solution in original post