SOLVED

Multi Partner and how to distinguish assigned licenses

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Unfortunately, searched the forum but couldn't find any similar question. I have an O365 tenant and purchased some licenses from an Official MS reseller. I wanted to buy some other licenses from a different reseller. I read the procedure and know how to proceed. My question is once I have available the licenses from the second reseller how will I know which license belongs to whom reseller. E.g. Let's say I have 5 E3 licenses from vendor A and 10 E3 licenses from vendor B. I am creating a new user and want to assign him an E3 license. Can I somehow choose the pool of licenses provided by Vendor B?

Thank you in advance!

BR,

Dimitris

2 Replies
best response confirmed by DimitrisKoliopanos (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You won't, they will be pretty much indistinguishable in any of the admin tools. But such queries should be addressed to billing support.

I have this same issue. Did you happen to get anywhere with this? I was wondering the best way to transfer these licenses to another reseller or Microsoft themselves.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DimitrisKoliopanos (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You won't, they will be pretty much indistinguishable in any of the admin tools. But such queries should be addressed to billing support.

View solution in original post