Multi-Factor Authentication with iOS Client Software

Copper Contributor

Dear MS Community,

I am having trouble with MS365 multi-factor authentication on my apple devices. After switching on multi-factor auth. I stopped sending/receiving messages through Mac Mail desktop client and the Mail app on the iPhone. I have attempted to re-input my password in each of the Apple applications with no luck. Additionally I am NOT receiving a 6 digit code in a text message indicating the apple software is communicating correctly with Microsoft. 

My next step was to try App Passwords as this was a solid workaround in the google world. But neither phone or apple mail client applications will properly authenticate with an app password. 

The lack of conversation on the web makes me think I must be doing something very wrong. Any tips or hints would be much appreciated. I should add that I am an administrator for my domain using MS365 to host all email, calendars, and contacts. All employees of our small organization are all E5 customers including myself. Lastly Outlook desktop client and iPhone app are working fine. 

1 Reply

Afaik the latest version of the Mail app on iPhone should support Modern auth. Try resetting the app? Or simply use Outlook?