Moving Secure Documents inside Office 365

Copper Contributor

We have a O365 group that receives secure document uploaded via a website.  I need a method to internally move files directly to the relevant action officer without granting that person membership to the group.  No to email, must be secure and take advantage of the highest security features of Office 365

5 Replies
You can use Microsoft Flow to move them to those users OneDrive? Or really a whole host of connections. Need to figure out how those users are going to access these documents. Then build in the connectors between the group and that location.

You could also Share each document where it is stored on the Group library as well without Giving them access to the group and can easily be accessed via OneDrive and that site where they will only see documents shared with them.

I guess we really need more information on the actual processes before suggesting options, but those are just a few simple ones of the top of my head without knowing the flow of the document.

Negative, documents shared from this group cannot be seen or accessed.  Blank page.  Tested that.

Are you asking if I can use Flow to move the document to recipient one drive?  I wouldn’t know that is why I’m asking.  But after looking at Flow I would say that is a no.  

@Deleted wrote:
You can use Microsoft Flow to move them to those users OneDrive? Or really a whole host of connections. Need to figure out how those users are going to access these documents. Then build in the connectors between the group and that location.

You could also Share each document where it is stored on the Group library as well without Giving them access to the group and can easily be accessed via OneDrive and that site where they will only see documents shared with them.

I guess we really need more information on the actual processes before suggesting options, but those are just a few simple ones of the top of my head without knowing the flow of the document.

Negative, documents shared from this group cannot be seen or accessed.  Blank page.  Tested that.

Are you asking if I can use Flow to move the document to recipient one drive?  I wouldn’t know that is why I’m asking.  But after looking at Flow I would say that is a no.  

I was just throwing ideas off the top of my head. I don't know enough about what your trying to do to give other suggestions as far as who is approving, what is security concerns, end goal of document life and where it will end up or does it go away once a certain action is preformed etc. etc.

The sharing method should work fine, I've done it a hundred times from a SharePoint site, so not sure how you are going about it to experience that issue with "Blank" documents. Sharing with a specific person and using the message send to them should let the document come right up if they are in the same tenant. What steps are you taking to see the blank document issue?

The solution requires someone familiar with handling confidential documents in Office 365.  Where do I find that expertise at Microsoft?  The infomercial videos are not helpful.